Assistants: Laurie Goulding, Doug Jensen
Monday, Oct. 14 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 15 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School, 3167 South 2350 East, St. George
Desert Hills Middle School, 936 East Desert Hills Drive, St. George
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Divisions: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$6 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Registration is limited to the first 100 participants. Be sure you and your partner register early.
• Badminton participants may not participate in other sports scheduled during their Badminton event(s).
• Participants may enter all three events, but only once in each event.
• If you need a partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants shall provide their USAB Rating on their registration form.
FORMAT / RULES
• USAB rules will govern play.
• Participants must bring their own racquets.
• Natural-feathered shuttlecocks will be provided.
• Day 1 - Singles and Doubles; Day 2 - Mixed Doubles
• Tournament format will be round-robin followed by single or double-elimination depending on the number of participants in the age division.
• Match is best of three to 21, win by two, cap at 29. If score reaches 29 - All, the 30th point wins that game.
• Rally scoring will be used.
• Umpires and linesmen will be provided upon request.
• Depending on entries, age divisions may be combined for round-robin play but will be separated for championship / medal play.
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badge at the venue check-in desk 30 minutes prior to their first event.
• Practice time will be available at Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School (3167 South 2350 East, St. George) on Sunday, Oct. 13, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Monday, Oct 14
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Community Arts Center (3rd Floor), 86 S Main St., St. George