Director: Anne Powell
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Team, Strictly Scratch Singles, All Events-Scratch and Handicap
Monday, Oct. 12, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 15, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 16, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Dixie Bowl - 146 East City Center, St. George
Sunset West Lanes - 1476 West Sunset Boulevard, St. George
Singles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Strictly Scratch Singles: Averages (See Below)
Team: No Age Divisions
All Events - Scratch and Handicap: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$15 Per Event - Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles and Team Events
$ 5 All Events-Scratch and Handicap
• The total number of bowlers will be limited to 350 or full squads. Register early!
• Bowling participants may not enter other sports scheduled during their Bowling event(s).
• Tournament is USBC Certified (#04026) – USBC membership is required.
• If a participant is not a USBC member, he/she must purchase a sanction card or pay a $5 Participation Fee.
• Average will be verified using USBC data.
• Participants may enter Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles, Team, All Events-Scratch and All Events-Handicap, but may enter each event only once.
• For doubles and team events, you and your partner MUST be registered before your individual registrations can be finalized and your team/partnership scheduled to compete.
• If you need a partner in any doubles or team event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners. Incomplete partnerships will not be scheduled.
• Women with a 160+ average and men with a 170+ average may also enter Strictly Scratch Singles.
• For Doubles and Mixed Doubles, the age division will be determined by the age of the youngest partner.
• For Strictly Scratch Singles, the divisions will be:
Women - 160-184 Average
Men - 170-184 Average
Women & Men - 185-199 Average
Women & Men - 200+ Average
• Teams will consist of four people. They may be all men, all women or any combination of men and women. There will be no age divisions but, depending on the number of registrations, teams may be divided into A, B & C divisions. Entries will be limited to 80 Teams.
Format / Rules:
• View additional Bowling Tournament Rules.
• The entering average shall be the highest USBC Certified Book Average of at least 21 games using the following list of priorities in order (a) through (f):
(a) 2014-2015 USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more.
(b) 2015 Summer USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more.
(c) 2013-2014 USBC Certified Book Average of 21 games or more.
(d) 2014-2015 USBC Certified Composite Average for all bowlers who do not have 21 games or more in one (1) league.
(e) 2013-2014 USBC Certified Composite Average for all bowlers who do not have 21 games or more in one (1) league.
(f) Current League Average of 21 games or more as of October 1, 2015.
• Any bowler with an uncertified average must use an average determined by the Tournament Director with 135 being the minimum average for women and 165 being the minimum average for men.
• Rules 319a-2, 319c, 319d and 319e are not in effect. Rule 319a-3 applies - bowlers are responsible for verifying their own average, whether submitted by the bowler, the team captain or others.
• Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles events will each have three games of qualifying and three games of finals. The top 25% Scratch and the top 25% Handicap scores of the qualifying series will advance to the Finals.
• Strictly Scratch Singles will be one four-game competition, changing lanes for each game.
• Participants must present their Games ID Badge and either their 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 USBC card (or a receipt for purchase thereof) at the on-site check-in desk prior to their first event. Participants will not be permitted to bowl until they show their USBC sanction card. Participants unable to present their USBC sanction card will be required to pay a $5 participation fee. Participants who pay the $5 participation fee are not eligible for USBC awards (USBC Rule Book, Rule #300c-1b).
Note: Modifications may be made to the event schedule to accommodate the final number of bowlers in the various events.
• Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles – In each age division, the three highest scratch totals and the three highest handicap totals of the finals competition will win Gold, Silver and Bronze medals (each medalist will be eligible to receive only one medal per event).
• Team – In each division, the top three Scratch and the top three Handicap teams (with no team receiving two awards) will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals. Medals will not be awarded by age division.
• Strictly Scratch Singles – In each division, the three highest scratch series will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
• All Events – Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals will be awarded to the top three women and men in each age division with the highest total scores in the qualifying rounds for Singles, Doubles (or Mixed Doubles if not bowling Doubles) and Team events.
• Overall Champions – Overall Champion medal will be awarded to the woman and man with the most pins-over-average scored in qualifying series in Singles, Doubles (or Mixed Doubles if not bowling Doubles) and Team events.
• Special Huntsman World Senior Games Club Pins will be awarded as follows:
Bowlers with an average of 140 or less will be eligible for 175+, 200+, 225+ and 250 + Game Pins and 500+, 525+, 600+ and 700+ Series Pins.
Bowlers with an average of 175 or less will be eligible for 200+, 225+ and 250+ Game Pins and 525+, 600+ and 700+ Series Pins.
Bowlers with an average of 176 to 190 will be eligible for 225+ and 250+ Game Pins and 600+ and 700+ Series Pins.
Bowlers with an average of 191 and higher will be eligible for 250+ Game Pins and 700+ Series Pins.
Each bowler is eligible for a maximum of one of each pin.
• All medals will be awarded at the Sport Social.
Sport Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Friday, Oct. 16
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: Washington County Regional Park (Fairgrounds), 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane, UT