Director: Dennis Duszynski
Schedule: Check-in at venue daily, 1/2 hour before start time.
Monday, Oct. 10, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 11, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 12, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 13, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
St. George City Horseshoe Complex - JC Snow Park, 900 South 400 East, St. George
30 Feet–70%, 60%, 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%
40 Feet–60%, 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%
*Subject to change based on the number of entries in any one division.
$5 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Registration is limited to the first 120 registered athletes.
• The event is sanctioned by the National Horseshoe Pitchers Association (NHPA) - Singles: (09-16-027); Doubles: (09-16-028).
• NHPA membership is required for participation.
• Participants must include their NHPA Card Number and Ringer Percentage on their registration form.
• To receive an NHPA membership, contact the Horseshoe Director for information. You may purchase a membership at the Horseshoe Complex check-in table for $17.00.
• Ringer percentage is required. Your average on record in NATSTATS/CANSTATS on September 9th will be the average used. If you have no ringer percentage, you must establish your percentage by pitching 50 shoes, counting ringers only, by September 9th. Contact the Horseshoe Director for times and locations: email@example.com. Once your ringer percentage is established, you will be entered in that division.
• Ringer Percentage Divisions:
70%+ = above 60.1%
60% = 50.1 - 60.0 %
50% = 40.1 - 50.0 %
40% = 30.1 - 40.0 %
30% = 20.1 - 30.0 %
20% = 10.1 - 20.0 %
10% = 1.1 - 10.0 %
• Since we are unable to adjust our schedules to accommodate multi-sport participants, Horseshoe participants may not enter other sports scheduled from October 10 – 13 (during the Horseshoe event).
• If you need a partner in the doubles event, check PartnerFinder, by sport, for a list of individuals looking for partners or contact the Horseshoe Director.
Format / Rules:
• Men 50-69 will pitch 40 foot distance.
• Men 70+ and Women may pitch 30 foot distance.
• Ringer percentages and pitching distance are used to determine pitching divisions.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk one-half hour before the start of their matches to check-in and assist with grooming pits.
Monday, Oct. 10 - Singles Preliminaries
Tuesday, Oct. 11 - Singles Finals
Wednesday, Oct. 12 - Doubles Preliminaries
Thursday, Oct. 13 - Doubles Finals
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each division. Medals will be awarded at the Sport Social.
Sport Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Thursday, Oct. 13
Time: 1:00 pm (approximately)
Location: JC Snow Park, 900 South 400 East, St. George