Director: Dan Needy
Assistants: Bill Given, Gaile Sandberg, Clay Brown, Doug Bergen, Bob Burt, Mike Baker
Brad Hafen, Terri Rosenberg, Tode Hafen, Marge Shakespeare, Russ Bott, Ralph Greenhaigh, Don Grymes, Glen Hovey, Dave Munsterman, Tonya Neilson, John Whatcott, Ron Garrett, Don Hilts, Frank Mitchell, Wendy Neilson
Thursday, Oct. 10, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 11, 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
Saturday, Oct. 12, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
60+, 65+, 70+, 74+
Monday, Oct. 14, 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 15, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Canyons Complex - 1890 W 2000 N, St. George
Bloomington Softball Diamonds - 650 Man-o-War Road, St. George
Gubler Park - 2375 Rachel Dr., Santa Clara
Little Valley Softball Complex - 2995 S 2350 E, St. George
50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 74+
$10 Per Person Per Team
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Registered teams can be found by clicking here.
• To register your team and get your team number (manager's only) register on-line or call HWSG office for forms.
• There are no residency requirements for team members.
• Age division of team is determined by the age of the youngest player.
• A minimum of 4 teams per age division and skill level is required.
• Individual team members must register by September 1.
• Team members will be required to enter their team number when registering.
• As players register they will be automatically added to the team roster.
• Teams with less than 10 players on their roster on September 1, may be cancelled and there will be no refund.
• After September 1, changes can be made to the team roster by calling the HWSG office and speaking directly to Bonnie (Registration Dept.). All rosters are final at the mangers meeting unless approved by the tournament director.
• Schedules will be available by September 25.
• Players may play on multiple teams if they are registered for each team before the September 1st deadline. The teams must be in different age divisions. A player may play in a younger age division, but not older. If the playing times of the two teams conflict, the player will have to choose which team she will play for. Players who register for multiple softball teams must pay the sport fees for each team.
• All age divisions may have up to 11 defensive players.
MANDATORY MANAGERS MEETINGS
50+, 55+ - Wednesday, Oct. 9 - 5:00 pm - Dixie Center - 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George
60+, 65+, 70+, 74+ - Sunday, Oct. 13 - 7:00 pm - Dixie Center - 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George
FORMAT / RULES
• Download 2013 Softball Rulebook
• Teams will be guaranteed five games, weather permitting.
• Depending on the number of teams in an age division, teams will be separated into skill divisions (Division l, ll, lll - Division l being the highest).
• Balls will be .47 C.O.R. / .375 compression.
• All bats stamped by the manufacturer and meeting the 1.20 bpf or 1.21 bpf standard are approved with the exception of the Miken Ultra I.
• All players must have numbers (minimum 6" high) on the back of their jersey.
• There will be NO flip-flop rule.
• An illegal pitch will be signaled and verbally called at the point the pitch becomes illegal.
• Only players who play at least one game during round robin play will be eligible to play in the championship tournament.
• Each team member must check-in at the Dixie Center where they will be required to present a photo ID verifying their name and date of birth. During check-in, each player will receive a writband that must be worn throughout the tournament.
• If any team member is not registered and checked-in, the entire team will forfeit that game (unless prior arrangements were made with the HWSG office or a member of the tournament committee).
• Wristbands must be worn and HWSG ID Badges and photo ID must be in players’ possession during all games and will be randomly checked.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to each team member in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams of each division. Medals will be presented after each “medal” game.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIALS (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 12
Time: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Canyons Complex, 1890 West 2000 North, St. George
60+, 65+, 70+, 74+
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 15
Time: 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Location: Worthen Park, 300 East 300 South, St. George