Events: Individual or Team
Saturday Oct. 12 - 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
Download Heat and Lane Assignments - Updated 10/09/2013
Start: Sand Hollow Aquatic Center, 1144 N Lava Flow Dr., St. George
Finish: Snow Canyon Middle School Track, 1215 N Lava Flow Dr., St. George
Individual: 5-Year Age Brackets: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Team: Combined Age (see below)
$15 Per Person – Individual
$7 Per Person Per Event - Team
• Participants must indicate their estimated swim time for 500 yards on their registration form. There is a qualifying swim time of 20 minutes.
• Participants wishing to compete in the Team event must organize their own teams prior to registering. Check PartnerFinder on our website for individuals looking for teams.
• Teams may be all male, all female or mixed.
• Age divisions for teams are combined ages of 150-169, 170-189, 190-209, 210-219, 220+.
7:45 am – 8:15 am - Saturday, Oct. 12 - Sand Hollow Aquatic Center. Attendance is mandatory!
FORMAT / RULES
• Event will be run according to USAT competitive rules.
• Swim–500 Yards; Bike–20K (12.4 miles); Run–5K (3.1 miles).
• All participants must provide their own bike, helmet, running and swimming gear (except for swim cap).
• Indoor pool – swim caps are mandatory and will be provided.
• The maximum allowable swim time is 20 minutes. Participants not finished after 20 minutes will be disqualified and must exit the pool without completing the race.
• Hardshell helmets are mandatory on the cycling leg.
• No drafting. Cyclists must remain two bike lengths behind, unless passing.
• Transition area and finish line are on the west side of Snow Canyon Middle School.
• Race will begin promptly at 8:30 am.
• Once race begins, the course is closed to warm-ups and only competitors are allowed on the course.
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badge at the venue check-in desk between 7:00 am and 7:45 am the morning of the event.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each event for each age division. Ribbons will be awarded to the 4th, 5th and 6th place finishers. Medals and ribbons will be awarded at the Sport Sponsor Social.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 12
Time: 12:30 pm (approximately)
Location: Snow Canyon Middle School, 1215 N Lava Flow Dr., St. George